This week’s Misfit Entrepreneur is Noah St. John. Noah St. John is known by many as “The World’s Most Trusted Peak Performance Coach” and is famous for helping entrepreneurs get rid of their head trash and make more money.
He has been featured worldwide, everywhere from ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, Parade Magazine, Forbes.com, and The Huffington Post. He’s also the only author in history to have works published by Hay House, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Mindvalley, Nightingale-Conant, and the Chicken Soup for the Soul publisher.
You no doubt can probably guess why I decided to have Noah on the show. Money is one of the most emotional and challenging things in life for most people to manage. It can create problems or when you learn take control of it mentally and emotionally, used to do incredible things and help leave an impact on the world.
I’ve asked Noah to come today to help you learn how to do the latter with your money
Noah “grew up poor in a rich neighborhood.” He was born in Kennebunkport, MA, lived at the end of a dirt road his parents ultimately lost the house to foreclosure. Noah hated the life of poverty and fear and lack as he stared at the abundance around him. He wanted to get out, but he didn’t know how to do it.
He went to the library and started reading about personal and spiritual growth, but just couldn’t seem to put was he was learning together and was living in a feeling of desperation. At the age of 25, he decided to commit suicide. At the very last moment, his life was spared – so he committed his life to serving. But, he didn’t know what he was supposed to do. It took another 5 years before he truly discovered his mission, in 1997.
He had 2 epiphanies. One was how to change his thought patterns and conditioning by asking powerful questions and the other is something Noah has come to call, Success Anorexia.
At the 7 min mark, I ask Noah, What is “Head Trash” and how to we get rid of it? How do we get un-stuck? The answer is a must listen.
- Noah asks, “What does it mean to be stuck? What is causing it? And how can we get rid of it?”
- People have a feeling of being overwhelmed.
- Being stuck happened because of your “head trash.” The voice in your head that says, I can’t do it, because…(fill in the blank)
- The damaging about head trash is that you always make yourself right…what you tell yourself becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- It keeps you stuck for the very reason that you’re telling yourself it’s true.
- You must learn to recognize it and get rid of it.
What is the process that someone needs to start to become aware to their head trash and begin to make real change to it?
- First, write down where your head trash is affecting you. What is your “I can’t do it, because…” Write them down.
- Do you consciously want to hold yourself back from succeeding? No
- You have to fight the impulses and urges to sabotage yourself by recognizing your negative thought patterns and stop them.
How does someone go about changing their automatic responses and habits from their conditioned mind?
At the 17 min mark, Noah explains the Power Habits of Unconsciously Successful People…
- There are the naturals of success, 1-2% of people who are unconsciously competent in allowing themselves to succeed.
- The problem is that they are not helpful to the 99% of people that have real head trash that they don’t.
- One of the foundational power habits is afformations – NOT and affirmation.
- The human brain operates using questions not statements – it searches for answers.
- Telling yourself “I am rich” does not activate the brain.” Instead ask yourself, “Why am I so rich?” This makes your brain start to search for the answer. This is the law of sowing and reaping. You are sowing seeds of thought. Most are sowing lousy thoughts seeds. When you ask lousy questions, you get lousy answers and a lousy life.
- You must ask phenomenal questions which give you phenomenal answers which give you a phenomenal life.
- www.Afformations.com to learn more
Outside of understanding their thinking and how it relates to money, what are the other two money mistakes that people make?
- Not having a mentor and trying to do everything yourself
- A true mentor has to have 3 elements:
- They must be where you want to be
- Do they have a system that has helped anybody else?
- Do they actually help you get there?
- The 3rd money mistake people make is gathering too much information without giving yourself permission to succeed.
- We are overloaded with information and if you gather too much information without taking action, it doesn’t matter.
- There is no lack of information, but a lack of transformation. Knowledge is no longer power, because access to information is everywhere.
- Knowledge into action is power.
- Yes, you will make mistakes. It doesn’t matter – get going.
What are the other Power Habits?
- Systems of support. You must put in place systems of support with people, activities, environment, introspection, and simplify.
- Goal-free zones. Give yourself permission to stop setting goals. Give yourself the ability to stop and recharge.
- Find your “Because.” There are “why tos” and “why not tos.” One is the foot on the gas and one is on the break. But, more importantly is finding your because – your mission.
What are the top things entrepreneurs need to be focused on in today’s world to succeed?
- You have to understand the incredible importance of your inner game.
- You still have to focus on your outer game but balance it with the inner game. You succeed from the inside out.
Who do you go to for mentorship?
Dr. Steven Covey
Best Quote: “You must ask phenomenal questions which give you phenomenal answers which give you a phenomenal life..”
Noah's Misfit 3:
- Use “Afformations”, the empowering questions to help you succeed.
- Focus a big part of your effort on mastering your inner game and removing head trash.
- Give yourself permission to succeed!